Anchorage: BP Energy Center, Wasilla: Valley Board of REALTORS®
Who is it for?
Earning the Graduate, REALTOR® Institute (GRI) designation is a way to stand out to prospective home buyers and sellers as a REALTOR® who has gained in-depth market knowledge, increased proficiency in a broad array of subjects to enhance professionalism and business success.
What You Gain
- Higher earnings: the median income of GRI designees in 2012 was $61,000, compared to the median income of non-designees of $33,500
- Be better able to serve and protect your increasingly sophisticated clients though an understanding of new technology, laws, and procedures
- Use of GRI logos
- Marketing materials
- Customizable flyer
- Banner ad
- GRI referral form
- Network with other GRI designees
How to Earn It
- To gain your GRI designation, you must successfully complete GRI 100, GRI 200 & GRI 300.
- GRI 200 consists of 4 days of classes. Two days are held at the BP Energy Center in Anchorage and two are at the Valley Board of REALTORS® office in Wasilla.
- Buyer Representation, Course #2121, 6 hrs ECE, instructor Kathleen Kowalczuk
- Environmental Issues/Land Use, Course #2007, 6 hrs ECE, instructor Anita Bates
- Professional Standards, Course #2404, 4 hrs ECE, instructor Uli Johnson
- Preparing for Difficult Negotiations: Crucial Conversations, Course #TBD, 6 hrs ECE pending AREC approval, instructor Suellen Appellof
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- GRI does not require annual renewal as long as you remain an active member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®.